The Southern Women’s Show Orlando is such an eventful show. So many things to do, and its a great way to meet other women (some men get dragged out there.. smile) from all over. The show is a lot fun, and I have never left without a smile on my face and goodies to take home. Every year there are many activities, classes, speakers, guests, etc to see. Let’s see what this year’s show will bring to Orlando.
(press release) 2016 show details
1. Meet Celebrity Guests: Join us at the Fashion & Entertainment Stage to meet special guests and hear what they have to say. Keegan Allen, known for his role as Toby Cavanaugh in Freeform’s Pretty Little Liars will appear at the show on Saturday and Whitney Way Thore, star of TLC’s My Big Fat Fabulous Life, will be at the show on Sunday.
2. Girls’ Night Out: The Orange County Firefighter fashion show is a longstanding Southern Women’s Show tradition, and the hunky heroes are back to heat up the catwalk for a great cause. All donations go to support the St. Baldrick’s Foundation to help children with cancer. This year, Little Black Dress Wines is sponsoring the evening. Enjoy $4 admission after 4pm and a complimentary glass of wine (while supplies last, with printed coupon from the show’s website).
3. Freshen up for Fall: Stop by the Macy’s Pavilion for a fresh fall makeover from the finest cosmetic and fragrance lines. Try a new look with a shiny gloss, warm colors, and blush, and pamper yourself with the latest fragrances. You can also browse your favorite handbags and purchase a new purse for the new season.
4. Taste of Home Cooking School. Back by popular demand, guests can sharpen their culinary skills with the Taste of Home Cooking School on Thursday and Friday, September 15th and 16th. Tickets for the cooking class are just $15 (in advance), and include show admission and swag bag valued at more than $50.
5. Rock New Fall Hair – On Us. On Friday, September 16th from 4pm-7pm Blo Blow Dry Bar is offering complimentary dry styles from professionals. Styling is first come first served so snag your squad and have your tresses transformed with fresh looks that will blow you away.
6. Bobbi-Jo Borges: Chef Bobbi-Jo Borges, author of What’s Cooking is a self-taught chef of more than 35 years. She will have several appearances on the Cooking Stage on Friday, September 16 and Saturday, September 17. You won’t want to miss her delicious cuisine options, including Assorted Burgers, Puerto Rican Beef Stew and Italian Fried Ravioli. Chef Bobbi is preparing a little something for everyone.
7. Hoop It Up!: Chris Lowe has spent the last 17 years in the health and fitness industry and she is the mastermind behind the newest fitness program in the U.S. called PowerHoopz Fitness System. PowerHoopz is a hula hoop fitness workout that anyone can do. She teaches women, children, men and senior citizens how to have fun while getting fit. Don’t miss her on the Fashion & Entertainment Stage hosting the Mother-Daughter Hula Hoop contest on Sunday.
8. Take a Spin: Make a pit stop at the Chevrolet exhibit to check out the 2016 Camaro Convertible, Traverse, and Malibu! Professionals will be on hand to answer your questions, and to help you find the vehicle that best fits your busy lifestyle. Then take a test drive at the show to receive a $10 gift card from either Amazon, Starbucks or Target and help FIND NEW ROADS™ with Chevrolet.
9. Mother Daughter Day: Mothers and daughters enjoy a day of pampering, shopping, and entertaining together on Sunday, September 18th. Bring your little ones to meet The Snow Sisters, provided by Once Upon a Party. They will be hosting an enchanted sing-a-long at 2:30pm on stage, followed by a magical meet-and-greet opportunity.
10. Calling all Teachers: As a special thank you to teachers for all they do for kids and our community, on Saturday, September 17, educators and staff who present a valid school ID will receive special discounts and treats throughout the show ALL day!
Are you planning to attend the Southern Women’s Show?
“Glam is Fierce On The Glamisphere”