Tricks of the Trade
I absolutely love reading magazines!!! Viewing all the new trends, newly released beauty products, etc. I was looking through one of my Allure magazines (Aug or Sep edition?), and I came across some really good tips and tricks. The page was actually a tear out (into 4 cards to be exact). You could save them or put them maybe in your wallet, journal….where ever you desire.
Check out Allure’s Tricks of the Trade:
1. Start with clean, well-moisturized skin. Massage your moisturizer on your face and neck and allow it to absorb fully-about ten minutes. “Moisturizer works a little like primer and helps makeup last longer.” says Chanel makeup artist Rachel Goodwin.
2. If you have large pores or fine lines, apply a thin layer of primer-BUT only apply where you NEED it. “Using primer everywhere can make the skin look lifeless-especially if its oil”, says makeup artist Pati Dubroff.
3. If your foundation is a liquid or a cream, place a pea-size amount in your palm and heat it up by swirling it around with two fingers. This keeps the makeup from going on too densely. If you’re using a powder foundation, sweep it on starting at the bridge of the nose. Avoid areas with fine lines (under the eyes, around the mouth).
4. Always blend your foundation down or sideways-never up-from the center of your face working outward, to prevent it from the catching in peach fuzz. Coverage should get sheerer as move toward your hairline. Don’t forget to blend thoroughly around your jawline.
5. Press a lightly dampened sponge around the nose, hairline, and jaw to blend makeup. If your skin gets oil during the day, use blotting papers. If it still looks oily, dust translucent powder on the T-zone only.
(originally posted Sept 2012)