Black Soap by It Makes Scents
It Makes Scents hand makes amazing soaps and candles. I purchased some of their soaps such as the African black soap along with few others from their booth at my local Farmer’s Market. They always have a large assortment of handmade soaps and candles, and at a an inexpensive cost- $5 each. It Makes Scents’ motto is “Putting good soap into good people’s hands”. Thank God they put the good soap in my hands….lol!!
Benefits of Black Soap
- Traditionally known as African Black Soap, as it is made from secret West Coast African recipes
- 100% natural and organic
- 100% Shea butter- It contains the highest Shea butter content of any soap
- Made from locally harvested African plants: first the barks of plantain and Shea tree, Cocoa pods palm tree leaves are sun dried, and then roasted at a constant temperature. Takes about 2 weeks to cure
- Great for both skin and hair
- Traditionally used to relieve acne, eczema and Psoriasis
- Offers UV protection from the sun
- Treats rashes, dandruff, dry itchy scalps, body odor, and even ringworm
- Heals cuts
- Thins fine wrinkles
- Evens out dark spots and razor bumps
- Eliminates blemishes
- Great for both oily, dry, and sensitive skin
Truth on the Glamisphere:
I reeeaallly like the Black Soap made from It Makes Scents. I used the black soap once per day, and the results were impressive. I didn’t get any new bumps…thank goodness. It has been drying out the one that was there when I first began using the soap. The soap lathers very well, and no irritation thus far.
I feel confident enough to go ahead, and began cleansing my my face with it morning and night now. I will definitely add this baby to my skincare regimen. I haven’t used it on my body yet, but I have been using their other soap that is called Vanilla Silk-Goat’s Milk….it smells so yummy. I just want to bite myself lol (product review coming soon as well)
**info on the benefits of Black Soap was provided by It Makes Scents.
Disclaimer: products were paid for by me, and all opinions are of my own.